For surgeons that perform body liposuction, the amount of fat that can be removed from the body depends on the weight and fat deposit of the patient coming in for the procedure. However, body liposuction for fat removal is one aspect that most people still question, how much fat is too much fat when undergoing for a body liposuction procedure? We will leave that for the professionals to answer.
What is liposuction?
Liposuction is an invasive surgical procedure that removes stubborn pockets of fat that have refused to leave the vicinity of your body. There are set rules regarding the quantity of fat to be removed is unique to each patient of the operating table. In general, the amount ranges from as little to create a contour to as much as 6000cc in complete body change.
How many people undergo body liposuction for fat removal?
Every year in the United States, millions of people undergo liposuction mainly for cosmetic purposes but the reasons why they undergo this procedure range from looking good, improving one’s confidence, quick fat loss and health among other personal reasons. In 2018, there were over 20 million body liposuction surgeries in five different categories – breast, tummy, eyelid, and nose and body liposuction. However, body liposuction for fat removal is indulged in because it is the quickest method for fat removal and weight loss in the body.
Can liposuction remove all fat?
Body liposuction is the main technique to quicken weight loss and although it is not a magical pill as fat can return if proper and a healthy lifestyle is not pursued, one can’t deny that it helps achieve a trimmed body faster. As mentioned earlier, the amount of fat depends on the fat deposit the patient has and the procedure which is employed during liposuction.
Liposuction can remove as much fat as t is healthy for the patient especially stubborn fats that won’t budge after a change in lifestyle, exercise, and dieting. So the answer to the above question is YES, liposuction does remove all fat cells.
Does fat return to a particular job after a liposuction procedure?
And the answer is YES but only if you go back to living an unhealthy lifestyle, neglecting basic exercise and indulging in foods that are not healthy. In fact, a study shows that people gain more weight after a liposuction procedure because the body has more space to store fat. Now that is weird but so true; the patient can also maintain, they after liposuction body and stay at a steady weight with a good lifestyle.
To get more clarity, it is safe to say that although the patient will gain weight, the areas where fat was removed will remain same or accumulate an only small amount of fat in areas that were not treated.
Is removing all the fat during a body liposuction procedure ideal?
Patients walk into a consultation room with the ideal body in their heads but they also fail to understand that fat is healthy and serves a purpose in the body – protecting the internal organs. So, having a doctor extract all the fat from your body to give you an ideal look is not only risky but very unhealthy and very dangerous to you.
Body liposuction is a cosmetic procedure, a body contouring procedure, not one meant to remove all the fat from your body and leave you blank. A good doctor or plastic surgeon will know that removing fat from certain areas in a particular manner will give you a better result than extreme measures. Doctors have been known to extract up to five liters of fat and liquid but making the right decision
What are the Risks of removing too Much Fat?
Body liposuction for the removal of fat has become safer with the innovation and better, there is always a risk when a patient request for the removal of more fat than is healthy. The risk involved in removing too much fat is
- Uneven smoothness and contouring
- Bumps and lumps
- A negative reaction to the anesthetic used
- Shock and difficulty breathing
- Blood clot and in worst case scenario fat embolism
- Removal of excess fat can also lead to longer recovery time too.
- How to maintain the body shape after a body liposuction procedure?
- To ensure the durability of a liposuction procedure, you must do the following
- Follow all instruction laid out by your surgeon after the operation
- Reduce your calorie intake or eat healthier than you did before the surgery
- Reduce simple carbs and eat more complex carb, veggies and drink more water
- Instead of eating one large meal, eat smaller meal portions
- Try to include one form of exercise in your daily routine even if it’s just walk down the street.
Limitations to body liposuction
- Body liposuction works for removing fat but there are limitations that having liposuction will not change. Some changes that will remain the same are
- It will not take away cellulite and stretch marks from your skin nor reduce it
- Body liposuction won’t tighten loose, hanging or sagging skin
- Body liposuction is not a change of attitude you have to work on that yourself
- Body liposuction will not drastically reduce the numbers on the scale. Yes, you will look slim but that doesn’t mean you have lost weight. It means you now have to work hard to maintain and keep you knew body.
- Liposuction is not a ticket for you to start indulging in unhealthy eating habits or neglecting your exercise routine
- The round appearance of your tummy will not change after a liposuction surgery; the shape still remains as it is only a tummy tuck flattens and changes the appearance of the tummy.
Despite the limitations of body liposuction, the procedure is safer and even less invasive that patients can go home immediately after a procedure. However, if you want a safe procedure, please come in for a free consultation at www.premieresurgicalarts.com and speak with one of our doctors for a procedure that will give you excellent results always.