For surgeons that perform body liposuction, the amount of fat that can be removed from the body depends on the weight and fat deposit of the patient coming in for the procedure. Body liposuction for fat removal is one aspect that most people still question. How much fat is too much fat when undergoing a body liposuction procedure? We will leave that for the professionals to answer.
What is liposuction?
Liposuction is an invasive surgical procedure that removes stubborn pockets of fat that refuse to leave the area of concern on your body. There are set rules regarding the quantity of fat removal that is unique to each patient on the operating table. In general, the amount ranges from as little to create a contour to as much as 6000cc in a complete body change.
How many people undergo body liposuction for fat removal?
Every year in the United States, millions of people undergo liposuction for mainly cosmetic purposes and the reasons for undergoing this procedure range from looking good, improving one’s confidence, quick fat loss and health to other personal reasons. In 2018, there were over 20 million body liposuction surgeries in five different categories – breast, tummy, eyelid, nose and body liposuction. However, body liposuction for fat removal is sought for being the quickest method for weight loss and fat removal in the body.
Can liposuction remove all fat?
Body liposuction is the main technique to quicken weight loss. Although it’s not a magic solution since fat can return in the absence of a healthy lifestyle, one can’t deny that body liposuction helps achieve a trimmed body faster. As mentioned earlier, the amount of fat depends on the fat deposit that the patient has and the procedure that is employed during liposuction.
Liposuction can remove a healthy amount of fat for a patient. It is particularly effective for removing stubborn fat that is difficult to shed despite a change in lifestyle, exercise, and dieting. So the answer to the above question is YES, liposuction does remove all targeted fat cells.
Does fat return to the original problem area after a liposuction procedure?
The answer is YES, but only if you return to an unhealthy lifestyle by neglecting basic exercise and indulging in unhealthy foods. In fact, a study shows that people gain more weight after a liposuction procedure because the body has more space to store fat. A patient can maintain his or her post liposuction body and consistent weight with a healthy lifestyle.
For clarification, despite a patient’s potential for weight gain, the areas where fat was removed will remain relatively unchanged.
Is removing all the fat during a body liposuction procedure ideal?
Patients walk into a consultation room with an ideal body image in their minds, but they fail to understand that fat is healthy and serves a purpose in the body – protecting the internal organs. Having a doctor extract all the fat from your body to achieve your ideal image is not only risky but very unhealthy and dangerous for you.
Body liposuction is a cosmetic procedure, a body contouring procedure, not one meant to remove all the fat from your body. A good doctor or plastic surgeon will know that removing fat from certain areas in a particular manner will give you better results than extreme measures.
What are the risks of removing too much fat?
Body liposuction for the removal of fat has become better and safer with innovation, however, there is always a risk when a patient requests for the removal of more fat than is considered healthy. Risks involved in removing too much include:
- Uneven smoothness and contouring
- Bumps and lumps
- A negative reaction to the anesthetic
- Shock and difficulty breathing
- Blood clot and in worst case scenario fat embolism
- Longer recovery time
How to maintain the body shape after a body liposuction procedure?
To ensure the durability of a liposuction procedure, you must do the following:
- Follow all instructions laid out by your surgeon after the operation.
- Reduce your calorie intake or eat healthier prior to the surgery.
- Reduce simple carbs, eat more complex carbs and veggies, and drink more water.
- Eat smaller meal portions.
- Try to include one form of exercise in your daily routine even if it’s just walking down the street.
Limitations to body liposuction
Body liposuction works for removing fat but there are limitations that having liposuction will not change. These limitations include:
- It will not take away or reduce cellulite and stretch marks from your skin.
- Body liposuction will not tighten loose, hanging or sagging skin.
- It does not equate to a change in attitude; this requires personal internal effort and intention.
- Body liposuction will not drastically reduce the numbers on the scale. Appearing slim does not necessarily signal weight loss. It means you now have to work hard to maintain and keep your new body.
- Liposuction is not a ticket for you to start indulging in unhealthy eating habits or neglecting your exercise routine.
- The appearance of your tummy will not change after a liposuction surgery; only a tummy tuck flattens and changes the appearance of the tummy.
Regardless of the limitations of body liposuction, it is safer and allows patients to return home immediately after the procedure. For a safe procedure that will provide excellent results, please come in for a free consultation at www.premieresurgicalarts.com.