It used to be that if you wanted to find the perfect foundation or shade of lipstick, you had to head to the store and go through the process of trial and error or ask for help at a beauty counter. These days, there are tons of amazingly talented YouTube beauty vloggers and Instagrammers out there who do a lot of the work for their viewers. Many of them are professional makeup artists, meaning you’re able to get high-level tips, tricks and product reviews without even leaving the house. As a Houston cosmetic surgeon, my goal is always to help my patients look and feel their absolute best, so I have an appreciation for the YouTube beauty gurus who do the same. Here are 11 of my favorites:
1) Ellarie – Ellarie does stunning makeup and puts together fantastic, full-faced look tutorials, as well as product reviews, advice, hair tips and more. Her style is colorful and artistic, so it’s no wonder she’s one of the top beauty YouTubers and she’s collaborated with brands like CoverGirl and ColourPop. In an interview with Yahoo! Lifestyle, Ellarie said she originally was on the path to becoming a makeup artist but found she was happiest doing her own makeup and switched gears. I bet her subscribers are thrilled she did.
2) Kristina Braly – Kristina Braly is one of the best Houston YouTube beauty vloggers. Her YouTube channel focuses on beauty, lifestyle, luxury and, more recently, motherhood (she has a video all about work bag hacks for pumping moms, which is beyond awesome). Her skincare advice is on point and her product reviews and recommendations are helpful and honest. She’s super personable and a total natural on camera.
3) ItsMyRayeRaye – There’s something really welcoming about Raye’s personality and when you’re watching her tutorials it feels like you’re watching a video a longtime friend posted. Her style is flawless, her tutorials are detailed and she has a lot of product recommendations and looks that use affordable makeup. In addition to makeup, she also covers hair, lifestyle and skincare.
4) AllyiahsFace – Allyiah is a Houston beauty influencer whose Instagram and YouTube channel are both filled with amazing makeup, hair, workout, outfit and travel inspiration. She’s high energy, fun and her tips and tutorials will have you looking polished with just the right amount of edge and drama (those lashes!). If you’re wondering how she gets her eyebrows to look that good, she did microblading and even documented her experience!
5) Sophia Chang – Sophia Chang has some of the most comprehensive content on YouTube with skincare and beauty tips and tutorials for all skin types and scenarios. Need a look for running errands? She’s got it. Want something glam for fall? She has that too. She’s the master of the smoky eye and her tutorials are simple to follow and the end result always has a wow factor.
6) Nicole Guerriero – There aren’t many YouTube beauty vloggers as good at mixing high-end products and thrifty finds as Nicole Guerriero is. She creates looks that are fabulous and imaginative. I also don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone pull off a red lip quite like she does. She’s a wealth of knowledge who’s up on the latest beauty trends and products but she’s also funny and engaging.
7) EmilyNoel83 – Emily’s YouTube channel Beauty Broadcast with EmilyNoel83 is all about making makeup and beauty accessible to all women. She’s a former news anchor turned YouTube beauty guru who posts a lot of great videos and tutorials featuring affordable makeup. One of our faves is her 10-minute makeup look with drugstore products. Her content is unique and she makes it interesting and easy to follow regardless of your level of beauty experience.
8) Jordan Liberty – Jordan Liberty is a professional makeup artist and photographer who resides in Los Angeles. He’s worked with clients ranging from Urban Decay to Benefit Cosmetics and his makeup has been featured in magazines and on runways. He definitely knows a thing or two about creating fierce looks but he makes achieving them realistic for the everyday woman by breaking it down in a way that’s understandable. He bucks a lot of the trends and isn’t afraid to take risks with bold makeup like his galactic glossy eyes and black lipstick.
9) Karla Tobie – Karla Tobie is insanely talented, especially when it comes to the eyes. The reason she’s one of my favorite YouTube beauty vloggers is because she creates one-of-a-kind eye art that’s vibrant, intricate and joyful. In her tutorials, she walks viewers through it step by step. She’s not afraid of color or glitter and she’ll have you embracing it yourself in no time.
10) Christen Dominique – Christen Dominique is one of the most subscribed YouTube beauty vloggers whose channel is devoted to makeup tutorials, including recreating celebrity looks, fashion and travel. Her “Do’s and Don’ts” videos are super helpful, illustrating common makeup mistakes and how to do things the right way. Now, she even has her own makeup line and has done collaborations with major brands.
11) Joanna Vongphoumy – Joanna Vongphoumy achieves the most glowing skin possible in every makeup look she does. It’s pretty amazing. While she has plenty of full-face glam looks, she also posts everyday makeup tutorials on her YouTube channel. Her Instagram is equally as strong with really short tutorials that guide followers through her look in under a minute.
Now that you have skincare and makeup inspiration thanks to our favorite YouTube beauty vloggers, do you want a stellar base to work with? We offer a full range of Houston medical spa treatments for your lashes, lips, brows and skin to amp up your beauty routine. To learn more, book a consultation at Premiere Surgical Arts.